MBL offers air sampling equipment rental and supplies service for mold testing. Our air sampling equipment and supplies are sourced from industry leading suppliers and manufacturers.
Air Sampling Equipment Rental Prices
Zefon Bio-Pump Plus Airborne Particulate Sampling Pump
The Zefon Bio-Pump Plus is used for the detection of airborne biological and non-biological particulates, such as mold, asbestos, and ash. With the use of the programmable timer, you can set the pump for the appropriate sample time and go. This pump is small and easy to use in a variety of locations.
The manufacturer suggests daily calibration for accurate readings. Ask about renting an air flow calibrator for daily tests.
- Flow range 0.01 to 15 liters/minute
- 3 Sampling Modes available-quick, single, or sequential
- Accurate to within ±5%
- Works with Air-O-Cell, Via-Cell, and Air-O-Cell CSI cassettes
- Battery powered, quiet, compact, and light weight
SKC QuickTake 15 Kit
The SKC QuickTake 15 Sample Pump is especially easy to use with Spore traps (VersaTrap
Cassettes, Air-O-Cell Cassettes, etc.)
- Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) fit directly and easily onto pump inlet.
- Provides optimum flow rate.
- Can be used with Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) attached to sampling
- Mount with Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) on tripod accessory to monitor
breathing zone level.
- Use with Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) and wall adapter for mold screening
in wall cavities.
QuickTake 30 Air Sampling Pump
Designed for use with BioStage viable cascade impactor, VersaTrap spore trap cassettes, asbestos filters, or impactors. Includes keypad programmable timer, display of sample time, and end-of-cycle alarms. Accessories include mounting bracket for viable cascade impactors, sampling wand for spore trap samples in ductwork, and tripod stand.
The BioStage Single-stage Bioaerosol Impactor
The BioStage Single-stage Bioaerosol Impactor operates on the principle of inertial impaction and meets NIOSH Methods 0800 and 0801 specifications for sampling indoor and outdoor air for viable microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, and actinomycetes.
Agar Media and Other Sampling Supplies
Air-O-Cell, Allergenco, or VersaTrap Cassettes:
Used for non-culturable air samples (also referred to as non-viable or total fungal spore counts)
- These cassettes collect airborne spores, pollen, fibres and other particulates on a sticky surface.
- Collected material are analyzed by direct microscopy. No culturing is required.
- Mold spores identified to genus level where possible.
- Results can be obtained the same day or even onsite hence useful for final mold clearance.
- Samples generally taken for 5 or 10 min. Samples may be taken for longer or shorter periods depending on the environment being sampled.
$6 per cassette
Mold Tape Slide:
Used for surface sampling of visible mold
$2 per slide
RCS Agar strip: Used for culturable air samples
The Biotest Agar Strips are used with the RCS sampler (High Flow, Isolator, Plus and Standard Microbial Air Sampler). They are easily loaded into the rotor of the sampler. The Agar Strip packaging is composed of a plastic holder with grids (wells) filled with 11 g of a sterile specific solid agar medium. Each agar strip is individually enclosed in a PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic to protect them from contamination.
• $5 per strip
MEA (Malt Extract Agar): Good for general assessment of airborne culturable molds
• $2 per plate
DG18 (Dichloran 18% Glycerol): For collection of xerophilic molds and yeasts (some species of Aspergillus (ie, Aspergillus versicolor), Penicillium, Wallemia, etc)
• $3 per plate
CMA (Cornmeal Agar): Suitable for sampling of molds such as Chaetomium and Stachybotrys that are commonly found on water-damaged cellulose containing material.
• $2 per plate
TSA (Tryptic Soy Agar): Used for collection of bacteria.
• $2 per plate
Sterile swabs are ideal for testing the level of contamination on surfaces. Swabs are very useful on hard-to-reach places such as crevices. Both mold and bacteria can be tested by culture methods from a single swab. It is recommended that wet swabs are used on dry surfaces and dry swabs on wet surfaces. Wet culture medium swabs are required for bacterial sampling.
• $2.50 per swab
Water Sample Bottles
If you are sampling chlorinated water, the water sample bottles should contain sodium thiosulfate (available – please let us know) to neutralize the chlorine. The water sample bottles should also be sterile otherwise the test results would not be valid. Water samples should be brought to the lab ideally within a few hours of sampling. (Please contact us to discuss your needs and how we can help).
Where to Pick up Air Sampling Equipment and Supplies
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, ON L4W 4N7
We can also ship the equipment and supplies to you! Just give us a call.
Map (main intersection: Tomken/Matheson)
Phone: 905-290-9101; Toll Free: 1-866-813-0648
Please call us 3 to 4 days in advance to ensure that we have everything in stock.